Healthcare Funding Case Studies and Previous Deals
Use the links below to jump straight to a particular section:
Dentists : Pharmacists : GPs / Doctors : GP Surgery Development : Vets : Medical Consultants
- Partially secured loan £520,000 100% funding to purchase predominantly NHS practice partly secured against surgery freehold premises C&I loan over 20 years
- Loan £525,000 80% funding two dentists – one an established dentist with a number of practices – to purchase leasehold dental practice with significant NHS contract - no freehold deed security – C&I loan over 10 yrs
- Loan £218,000 -100% unsecured funding repayable over 10 years for private practice to established dentist.
- 100% unsecured £188,000 loan for experienced orthodontist to purchase second practice. Significant NHS contract loan C&I over 10 yrs
- Unsecured £863,000 80% LTV to single dentist to add to his portfolio of dental practices – loan arrange through bankers other than own – unsecured – 10 yr C&I repayment
- Partially secured £720,000 80% LTV to single dentist to add to his portfolio of dental practices – refinance combined gave strong mixture of NHS and private. Loan repayable over 10 yrs C&I partially secured by charge over freehold surgery premises
- Unsecured loan £325,000 90% LTV funding for predominantly NHS practice – single dentists leasehold practice C&I repayment over 15 yrs
- Unsecured loan £335k 90% LTV for orthodontist to purchase leasehold mixed NHS / Private practice. C&I over 10 yrs.
- Unsecured 100% LTV loan £200k to enable dentist to purchase fully NHS leasehold practice. C&I repayment over 10 yrs.
- Unsecured 80% LTV £390,000 loan to enable dentist to purchase first practice. Significant NHS contract. C&I over 10 yrs.
- Unsecured 90% LTV £250,000 loan to enable orthodontist to purchase leasehold practice. Predom NHS – C&I over 10 yrs
- Unsecured 90% LTV £240,000 loan to enable experienced dentist to purchase first practice – C&I over 10 yrs – Fully private practice
- Unsecured 90% LTV £500,000 loan to two relatively young dentists purchasing their first practice that they had both worked in for a time as associates. Significant NHS contract. C&I repayment over 10 yrs.
- Unsecured 95% LTV £180,000 loan to enable established dentist with one practice purchase a second practice. NHS contract- C&I repayment over 10 yrs
- Loan of £474,000 - 80% LTV requested for the purchase of a 100 hour pharmacy – pharmacist never owned a pharmacy before - Not something lenders are particularly attracted to. Capital and interest repayment offered and agreed over 10 years in line with standard pharmacy repayment terms. Loan was approved subject to serviceability which proved to much of a challenge given the additional costs associated with 100 hour contracts. In the event Loan agreed @ 72% LTV which was serviceable and met all parties requirements.
- Loan of £574,000 – 80% LTV - approved on a capital and interest basis over a 10 year term for an establish pharmacist who has a number of pharmacies already but wanted to start to an additional relationship with a second lender to widen their current and future funding options.
- Loan of £3,600,000 – 80% LTV – approved for a relatively young pharmacist to purchase a group of pharmacies. Extended family are experienced pharmacists and on hand to mentor. Capital and interest over 10 years with option for a 2 yr capital repayment holiday. No additional security.
- Loan of £1,250,000 – 75% LTV – approved for an establish pharmacist looking to add to their portfolio of pharmacies. Arranged through a different lender to current bankers as client wanted to start to additional relationships with other lenders.
- Loan £1,300,000 – 70% LTV- approved to an experienced pharmacist who has had day to day experience managing a pharmacy within a group but not owned a pharmacy. Repayment over 10 years on a capital and interest basis – option for 2 yr capital repayment holiday. No additional security required.
- 80% LTV funding of £600,000 arranged for pharmacist to purchase single pharmacy without the need for personal security.
- Funding of £1.75M arranged for pharmacist to add to current portfolio of pharmacies. 80%. Finance agreed against business value of current pharmacies. No additional customer contribution. Personal guarantee and mortgage debenture as corporate finance but no personal security required.
- 80% finance agreed with wholesaler guarantee to enable pharmacist to purchase corporate pharmacy (2 pharmacies). Significant goodwill element with pharmacist having limited personal means meant that financing required wholesaler support.
- 100% LTV-partnership loan £464,000- refinance of GP surgery premises -capital and interest repayment basis over 25 years. 50% of loan could have been taken on an interest only basis. Enabled senior partner to take out some equity and enabled junior partner to join partnership loan with no capital buy in. Deal was somewhat better than current borrowing or what was then offered - in an attempt to retain the business - by their bankers.
- 100% LTV – partnership loan £1,050,000 – refinance of GP surgery premises capital and interest repayment basis over 25 years. 50% of loan could have been taken on an interest only basis. Enabled senior partners to take out their equity. Deal was somewhat better than current borrowing or what was then offered - in an attempt to retain the business - by their bankers.
- 100% LTV - partnership loan £850,000- refinance of GP surgery premises -capital and interest repayment basis over 25 years. 50% of loan taken on an interest only basis. Enabled senior partners to take out equity and junior partner to join partnership loan with no capital buy in. Deal was somewhat better than current borrowing or what was then offered - in an attempt to retain the business - by their bankers.
- 100% LTV-partnership loan £900,000- refinance of GP surgery premises -capital and interest repayment basis over 25 years. 50% of loan could have been taken on an interest only basis. Deal was somewhat better than current borrowing or what was then offered - in an attempt to retain the business - by their bankers.
- 100% LTV-partnership loan £1,038,000- refinance of GP surgery premises -capital and interest repayment basis over 25 years. 50% of loan could have been taken on an interest only basis. Enabled doctors to revise their pension planning (through own IFA’s not Sterling as we are not authorised). Deal was somewhat better than current borrowing or what was then offered - in an attempt to retain the business - by their bankers.
- 100% LTV – partnership loan – £1,500,000 for – refinance of current borrowing – allow senior partners to take out equity – allow new partners to join without personal buy in costs – redevelop and upgrade premises including new extension. Repayable over 25 years - 50% of borrowing could be taken on a capital and interest basis for full length of the term.
- 100% finance agreed to enable GP surgery to refinance and move to more flexible lenders who were comfortable in extending interest only period by a further 5 years in line with partners retirement planning.
- 100% finance approved and drawn for a variety of GP buy in’s ranging from £80k to £220k. All without personal security.
- GP buy in loan. Finance approved for £160,000 unsecured to enable a GP to buy into partnership surgery premises. Loan over 15 years. Very competitive interest rates and fees.
- Premises buy in loan of £230,000 unsecured repayable over 20 years agreed for GP to buy into practice surgery premises. Competitive interest rates and fees
- GP Surgery buy in funding agreed to enable GP to buy into medical centre premises. All covered notional rent. Unsecured finance of £180,000 repayable over 15 years with very competitive interest rates
- Doctors surgery finance agreed @ £180,000repayable over 20 years to enable part time GP to buy into medical centre premises. Loan repayments covered by notional rent. Comparatively very low interest rate margins.
- GP Premises finance of £210,000 to enable young GP to buy into practice premises. Loan repayable over 15 years interest and most of capital covered by notional rent
- Healthcare funding of £250,000 arranged for part time GP, currently on maternity leave, to buy into surgery premises. Loan unsecured and repayable over 20 years with 3 years capital repayment holiday. Interest repayments covered by notional rent that will also cover part of capital pending increases in rental income. Increase in partnership share of profits comfortably covers balance with significant margin left fort the doctor.
- GP premises buy in loan £80,000 agreed for part time GP. 5 years capital repayment holiday will cover maternity leave and allow GP to remain part time. Anticipated increases in notional rent (with current surplus) should mean little extra funding would be required to finance capital repayments.
- Funding of £190,000 unsecured repayable over 20 years with 4 years capital repayment holiday approved for a GP to buy into practice surgery premises. Redevelopment will require additional finance (provisionally agreed) to turn surgery into medical centre.
- Finance agreed of £170,000 to enable a doctor to buy into practice / surgery premises. Finance approved over a 15 year term but funders happy to extend to 20 years with 3 yr capital repayment holiday if required. No charge over doctors house required. Interest rates very competitive.
GP Surgery Development
- Funding arranged for bridging loan to purchase grade 2 listed building without planning permission, subsequent development costs to convert to a multi functional GP surgery / medical centre along with Pharmacy and substantial other rooms. Function not yet decided.(funding of 100% of total cost)
- Funding arranged to refinance current GP surgery borrowing to allow GP's to withdraw funds ahead of retirement in the next few years and "equalise" capital. Also significant funding for extension and upgrade of premises. Mixture of funding repayment options including very long term interest only.(funding of 100% of total cost)
- Funding well advanced for new very large multi practice GP medical centre merged development. To include pharmacy and a series of other services that are currently being discussed.(funding of 100% of total cost)
- Loan £450,000- 80% LTV- repayable on a capital and interest basis over 15 years to enable a vet to relocate from one of their leasehold premises to a more accessible freehold “shed” on a small business park. Loan package achieved was significantly better than current bankers were able to offer. Current funding left with present bankers but deal not only allowed the relocation to take place but opened up a second line of funding all available on highly competitive terms.
- 100% unsecured loan of £300,000 approved for a vet to purchase a share in a well established veterinary practice. Loan repayable on a capital and interest basis over a 15 year term form anticipated bonuses / dividends that have been a feature @ the practice for many years.
- Unsecured loan of £80,000 - 80% LTV – to enable vet to purchase a share in a veterinary practice. Deal obtained was better than that offered by practice bankers of vets own personal bank. Capital and interest repayment over 10 years.
- Unsecured loan £50,000 – 90% LTV – to enable vet to buy into the practice she was currently working at. 10 yr C&I repayment.
- 100% funding of £530,000 approved to enable vet to purchase practice / surgery premises. C&I repayments over 25 years with 3 year capital repayment holiday. Very competitive interest rates with governments NGLS scheme interest rate discount
- 80% funding approved to enable partnership buy out of retiring partners. Finance agreed over 10 years lender simply taking a charge over the lease and goodwill. No personal security required from the vets.
- 80% finance agreed to enable a partner to buy out retiring veterinary partners. Gearing up against value of the business eg goodwill equipment ect. Incumbent vet has not had to make a contribution or will be asked for personal security.
- 100% funding approved for new build hospital / surgery premises. No additional personal security requested but practice business account must be transferred to the lender.
- 90% unsecured funding approved for vet to purchase practice including goodwill and practice / surgery premises. 2 years capital repayment holiday. Governments NGLS interest discount approved.
- 100% funding approved for upgrade of surgery / practice premises and equipment. Owners level of equity in the practice seen as sufficient contribution.
- 100% funding approved for two veterinary assistants to buy out existing directors. Finance over 10 years, unsecured, competitive interest rates arranged.
- Loan of £544,000 - 90% LTV funding for medical consultant to purchase property for use as private consulting rooms. Capital and interest repayment over 20 years but with an option to take 50% of the loan on interest only basis for any term within that period -Bank’s written down security value £424k leaving potentially £130k unsecured – doctor gave a supporting limited second charge over family home for the balance. Interest rate margin inline with GP surgery funding rates.
- Funding of £180,000 approved to enable consultant to buy into private medical consultants practice. All goodwill. Finance on a secured and or unsecured basis arranged. Very competitive secured and unsecured interest rates have been agreed.
- 10-year finance has been agreed for consultant to buy into a private consultancy practice covering both goodwill and premises funding. Governments NLFG interest rate discount has been approved
- Funding approved for group of consultants to purchase, develop and upgrade practice / surgery premises. Charge over target premises but no personal deed security has been requested by the lender Governments NLGS interest rate discount has been approved.
- Multi consultancy funding approved to enable a group to buy into existing profitable medical practice. Lender happy to fund either goodwill buy in (unsecured) and part consultancy / surgery premises. Governments NLGS interest rate discount has been approved